Bb Annotate, Blackboard’s new inline assignment grading tool is now available. Created in partnership with institutions around the globe, Bb Annotate will replace the existing inline grading tool found in your courses today. This new tool will offer a more robust feature set for you to provide customizable feedback to your students, including a sidebar summary view, freehand drawing tools, various color selections, and more.
Quick Start Guide:
- Bb Annotate Quick Start Guide for Instructor (.docx)
- Bb Annotate Quick Start Guide for Instructors (.pdf)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What will happen to my previous annotations?
All pre-existing annotations created through New Box View (Blackboard’s prior inline grading integration) will be migrated and visible in Bb Annotate. When a user accesses an annotated file during the migration, it will take a little bit longer to load but will be displayed in the new Bb Annotate viewer. If a user is actively annotating a file using New Box View during the migration, the file will not migrate to Bb Annotate until the user has completed that session. Upon loading the submission file again, it will display in the Bb Annotate viewer. User will be able to delete annotations as well as add new comments to any existing comment created using New Box View.
2. Will Bb Annotate work with Pen-enabled devices?
Yes, Bb Annotate provides a much improved experience to users on mobile devices. Touch / stylus (e.g. Apple Pencil) usage is much more responsive so you have more granular/higher fidelity of detail when compared to New Box View.
3. What file types are supported in Bb Annotate?
You can view and annotate these document types in the browser:
- Microsoft® Word (DOC, DOCX)
- Microsoft® PowerPoint®(PPT, PPTX)
- Microsoft® Excel®(XLS, XLSX)
- OpenOffice® Documents (ODS, ODT, ODP)
- Digital Images (JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, TIFF, TGA, BMP, HEIC)
- Source code (Java, PY, C, CPP, etc)
- Medical Images (DICOM, DICM, DCM)
Note: Office Suite Macros, such as Visual Basic, aren’t supported.