Accessing My Media from the Blackboard Homepage
Kaltura’s My Media is a private, personal library of media created or uploaded by the user. The My Media area allows instructors to manage (add, create, delete, edit and publish) their media from one location.
How to Access My Media
Log into Blackboard
Locate the My Media module on the Blackboard homepage and click on the My Media Link
Note: If you do not see the My Media module, you can add it by following these steps:
Click Add Module on your My Institution page.
In the search box type “My Media.”
Click Add and then OK.
- This will open My Media
Course Media Gallery
In addition to My Media, a Kaltura Media Gallery is available in every Blackboard course. Instructors can publish media (lectures, office hours recordings, student presentations) to the course Media Gallery for review and use by all members of that specific course (students, instructors, teaching assistants, graders).
How to Navigate to Kaltura’s Media Gallery
- Every Blackboard course has a Kaltura Media Gallery, where instructors can share media with other instructors. To access a course’s Media Gallery, open the desired course in Blackboard.
- From the Control Panel select Course Tools and then Media Gallery.
If you don't see Media Gallery as a Tool here is how you can add it: https://help.blackboard.com/Learn/Instructor/Courses/Course_Customization/Course_Tool_Availability
How to Add Media Gallery as A Tool Link:
The Media Gallery can be added as a tool link to the left hand panel in Blackboard, this is useful if you want students to have access to a central video repository.
Click the + button at the top of the left hand panel and then select Tool Link. For the Type you will want to choose Media Gallery, you can name the tool link something different than Media Gallery if you prefer. You will also need to check the box Make Available to All Users.
How to Publish to A Media Gallery:
- All media created or uploaded to a user’s Kaltura My Media is available on this page.
- To add
Once the desired media have been identified or added in My Media, check the box next to the media files to publish to the course Media Gallery.
- After selecting the media files to share in the course Media Gallery click Publish.
The selected files are now available in the course Media Gallery. All instructors in the course can view media added to the Media Gallery.
How to Add Course Media Gallery Files to A Course:
Once you have added media to your course Media Gallery you and other course Instructors can access and use this media wherever they have access to Blackboard’s content editor.
- See the Uploading a Video to Blackboard article on how to use the Kaltura Mashup tool to add videos to your Blackboard course.