When you set up your Blackboard course site for the first time, you will need to update the Office Hours web link in the course’s left-hand navigation from the default to your specific Office Hours link. That way, when you or students click the Office Hours link, your meeting room will launch. This article assumes that you have already obtained a URL for your Office Hours. If you have not yet done that, please see the Zoom Quick Start Guide.
Follow these steps to update the Office Hours web link. The animated GIF that follows these steps demonstrates how this process is done.
- Log in to your Blackboard course site and make sure Edit Mode is set to ON.
- In the left-hand navigation, hover your mouse over Office Hours and click the drop-down menu button.
- In the drop-down menu, click Web Link. The URL dialog box displays.
- In URL dialog box, paste the URL for your Office Hours in the URL field.
- Click Submit. You can click the Office Hours link to test the updated link.
- If your Office Hours web link displays an icon of a box with a strike-through next to it, the item is hidden from students, to change this you will need to select ‘Show Link’ from the drop-down menu.